Coast Redwood High School Supervising Teachers and the Career and College Specialist, helps students plan their high school course schedule to best meet their future goals, be they college or straight to a career. SLVHS secondary counselors assist as needed the Supervising Teachers, parents, and students determine which classes should be taken and where those classes are offered.
The Career and College Specialist assists students in the process of career exploration. The Supervising Teacher(s) can help students access Regional Occupation Program (ROP) classes, community college classes, and the (WEE) work education experience specialist can help students enroll in and access apprenticeships, and Work Permits. The Career and College Specialist also provides information about colleges, scholarships and other financial aid. For more information, contact your Supervising Teacher or call (831) 335-0909 and ask to speak to the Career and College Specialist.
Families may also individually conference with the Career/College Specialist on Mondays from 10:00am-12:00pm in P-3.
Services and Programs:
• Educational and occupational information for students, teachers, parents and the community
• Career speakers and college representatives access throughout the school year at various locations
• Assessments on School-to-Career Website
• Work permits
• Employment bulletin board for advertisement of local jobs for high school youth
• Work Experience Education information
Materials and Equipment:
• College admissions general reference materials, financial aid information, and college handbooks
• College Applications (University of California, California State Universities and Common Application)
• SAT I, SAT II and ACT registration forms
• Up-to-date military information
• Career pamphlets from business, industrial and governmental sources
• Vocational Ed, CHSPE, Regional Occupation Program (ROP), and apprenticeship information
• Foreign exchange information
• Scholarship resources