PAYING FOR COLLEGE HANDBOOK
Paying for College Workbook
All seniors should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Submitting the FAFSA accurately and early is one of the keys to getting a more favorable financial aid award package, because some financial aid is available on a limited or first-come/first-served basis. When you submit the FAFSA you are applying for federal grants, loans and work-study, which is a campus-based, part-time work program where you receive an hourly wage for work performed. The FAFSA is also used by states for some state aid programs. Colleges use the FAFSA for institutional aid that is unique to an individual campus.
Special Alert from FAFSA
The New Digital Communication Tools Are:
1. The Commission's FAFSA Text back campaign with Get Schooled: Text the word "FAFSA" to 335577 to get basic FAFSA questions answered.
2. The Commission's Mobile App located on the California Mobile Gallery:
To access the mobile gallery, visit: www.mobilegallery.ca.gov
click on Student Aid Commission and download the mobile Cash for College Workshop locator. Click on "set my location" to allow the GPS to locate the nearest Cash for College Workshops. You can also access it through the Commission's homepage.
3. The Commission's Fund Your Future is now a digital magazine. You
may view, download and/or share the digital magazine, including the Fund
Your Future App.
Click HERE and begin planning
The Official Source for College Planning in California
CABRILLO COLLEGE CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
EAP - Early Assessment Program
1. Apply to CSU by 11/30
2. Open your Portal/Dashboard for each campus (you will be prompted by an email)
3. Check your To Do list on your Portal/Dashboard weekly
4. Check your EAP status - Based on junior year STAR testing and/or SAT/ACT testing you may need to take an English and/or Math Assessment test. This will not determine admission but will decide what Math/English level you will need to register for in the Fall. You will be notified by each campus if you require this testing. Testing must be complete by May 2015.
Register for an assessment test (EPT/ELM) - Student may take these assessments at any CSU campus
► University of California Stat Finder- Data on undergraduate admissions, enrollment, persistence and graduation at the University of California
► TAG - Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (Community College to UC)
► 2014/15 Impacted Majors and Campuses - CA State Universities (CSU)
Thinking about taking a course at Cabrillo?
1. Find out more about the Running Start Program
2. Complete Cabrillo Concurrent Enrollment Form
3. Schedule of Classes offered by Cabrillo
(form provided by Cabrillo College)
► WUE - Western Undergraduate Exchange (Out-of-State Reciprocity Program)
► Air Force Academy - Application begins Junior Year