FRESHMAN YEAR CHECKLIST
Guidelines for a successful freshman year:
- Make sure the 9th grade schedule meets current and future academic needs.
- Know how to access Schoology for daily assignments.
- Know how to access teachers through email.
- Know what the Graduation Requirements are for Coast Redwood High School.
- Begin your yearly Community Service requirements of 15 hours each year.
- Save excellent assignments (i.e. lab reports, essays, projects) for possible future use in the Senior Exit Portfolio.
- Planning for sophomore, junior and senior years that are challenging and provide opportunities to further explore my career interests, including ROP courses and/or Cabrillo courses.
- Know about honors clubs, service organizations, and/or clubs of interests.
- For four-year colleges, take the PSAT once Math 1 is completed. (About the PSAT)
- If enrolled in Biology during 9th grade, register for the spring SAT if interested in applying to some very selective colleges.
- Get a head start on college and career planning, explore Naviance assessments and “Learning Styles” inventory.
- Begin research on colleges or alternative post-secondary options from options that include
- Visit with college and career representatives during lunch.
- Begin developing a resume of my activities, academic achievements, leadership positions, community service, and work.